Subject: More queries...
To: None <jhawk@mit.edu>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@jericho.mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/09/1994 12:30:14
> From: jhawk@MIT.EDU
> Date: Wed, 9 Nov 1994 04:14:16 -0500
>
> Hi, Gordon, et al;
>
> as I mentioned, I've got a Sun 3/60 netbooting NetBSD, and've run into a few
> problems, some of which aren't related to NetBSD (I _hope_).
>
> 1. I probably need to fix my clock battery, but after the kernel loads,
> and I get a message like "WARNING: clock gained 80611 days" and
> occasionally (perhaps 1/5 of the time) it will just hang (this is using the
> binary distributed kernel, btw). Sometimes (after a few minutes to
> a few hours), I'll get the init prompt; normally I get the init prompt
> immediately. Ideas? Pressing L1-A yields problem 2.

First, you should still boot it in single user mode for now.
	>b le() -s
The clock problem is something that (I think) I fixed recently.
You might make sure you have the latest kernel: (netbsd-gen.gz)
  @(#)NetBSD 1.0 (GENERIC) #427: Tue Oct 25 02:00:49 EDT 1994
Anyway, make sure the kernel is up to date before you bother to
replace the clock battery.  (Does SunOS complain about the clock?)

> 2. At any point after the kernel has loaded, pressing L1-A yields:
>
> Stopped at _Debugger+0x6:   unlk   a6
> db>

That's what it's supposed to do.  With DDB, it's sort of like when
SunOS is booted under kadb;  L1-A drops into the debugger.
If you want to drop into the prom, you can do:

  db> call sun3_rom_halt

By the way, I'm making progress on the pmap code.
I think the Sun3/50 video is taken care of now,
but I don't have a Sun3/50 to test it on (yet).

Gordon