Subject: Re: NetBSD for Sun3/80?
To: Gordon Ross <gwr@mc.com>
From: Futoshi Miyamori/JH1AFN <futoshi@sramhb.sra.co.jp>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/09/1994 03:04:40
Hello,

 %I think it would be fun to try.  I wish I had one...
Now, I just booted NetBSD/sparc.:-) It's wonderfull!

If you(or your friend) come to my home(Tokyo Japan). I'll
present one Sun3/80 pizza box(maybe 0M RAM, w/o HDD, w/o FDD,
w/o keyboard, w/o mouse, with B/W frame buffer(for porting X:-))
to you since you are port-master of Sun3s. I'm sure. This is not
a joke.

 %Actually, it might be easier to get the pmap code right
 %for the 3/80 since it has a fairly "normal" MMU.  The
 %hp300 pmap.c should make a reasonable starting place.
I found mac68k pmap.c is from hp300's.
Also, Mr. Chris Hooper(cdh@mtu.edu) told me that the Amiga port
is working with a 68030.

 %Go for it!  Let me know if you want to work on it.
Thank you for your hints. I'll try to port for Sun3/80.
(But, maybe I must study many things...)

It's 3 a.m., Good night!
--
futoshi