Subject: Support (official, or non-) for Sun 3/160's?
To: None <windsor@punk.slip.ksu.edu>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@jericho.mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/04/1994 09:21:15
> Date: Thu, 03 Nov 1994 17:18:14 -0600
> From: Rob Windsor <windsor@punk.slip.ksu.edu>
>
> Heya,
>
> I've been watching port-sun3 for a bit, and haven't seen anybody mention
> a port to the Sun 3/160's.   I've also grabbed the doc tarballs for
> NetBSD/sun3, but (as you may well know), it only mentions 3/50's and
> 3/60's.

Those are the only machines where it's been tried yet.  (AFIK)

> Has anybody tried to install NetBSD on the 3/160?  If so, I'd like
> a rough layout of how you did it or what's diff from the 3/?0 dox.

I think we need the vme-bus code and "ie" driver before the 3/160
will boot.  Both have become available in the sparc port, but I
have not yet had time to bring them into the sun3 port.

Are you up to coding?  Testing if I do it?

Gordon Ross