Subject: Re: netboot?
To: None <gwr@jericho.mc.com>
From: None <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/03/1994 00:28:08
I mentioned I had problems NFS mounting the swap, and Gordon suggested
using mountd -n. This was only part of the problem -- I really need to
go and document the work I did to make things work, but it seemed that mountd
refused to allow the diskless client to mount the swap partition; this
seemed to be because it expected a directory in /etc/exports, but
would receive a request for a file, as if it were a directory, from
the client. Is anyone else netbooting netbsd/sun3 off of another NetBSD
box, or are you using a Sun?

> Was there a problem with the MAKEDEV script I supplied?

Hmm; I'm not sure what exactly was wrong. My sun3 is refusing to see
its ethernet right now, so I cannot check on this right now (sigh...),
but I'll try and isolate it when I have time to get it working...

--jhawk@mit.edu
 John Hawkinson