Subject: Re: netboot?
To: Kevin P. Neal <root@thunder.catt.ncsu.edu>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/02/1994 02:38:11
In message <199411020651.BAA05069@thunder.catt.ncsu.edu>, root@thunder.catt.ncs
u.edu writes:
>Does anyone have boot.sun3 (aka: netboot) built for NetBSD?
>
>The Install docs mention it, but I can't find an executable anywhere?

I found it via archie (sigh...); I'll e-mail you a copy seperately.

I spent an awful lot of time trying to get a 3/60 to netboot
properly, and I've meant to send flames over here, but I've been a bit
busy.

Various problem I had included:

	Getting it to NFS mount the swap. This required hacking the netbsd
	mountd to accept the mount requests...

	Trying to get the serial console to work properly. I had to munge
	around w/ files in /dev for a while.

There were some other notable things (perhaps I was just being stupid),
but I cannot remember them all right now...

--jhawk@mit.edu
 John Hawkinson