Subject: Re: init: segmentation violation
To: <>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ocunix.on.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/03/1994 05:12:35
  Seeing some activity on this list reminds me...

  a) I'm on the Internet. I haven't made sup work yet. Maybe
       tomorrow :-)
  b) I have lost my 3/160, so my ie driver is in limbo. I hope to
       borrow another 3/160 (or possibly a 3/75) soon, but I really
       have to add another 15A circuit (or two) first.
  c) My 3/60 experienced a mouse interface death :-(
  d) I got a second 3/60 (colour) to replace it.

  Which brings me to my question: the 3/160 I had was able to
rarp/bootparamd just fine despite my 28 bit subnet, and all-1s
broadcast. My old 3/60 is unable to do the same. Aside from changing
my broadcast address (which wouldn't be too bad, but it might screw up
a PC or two used as terminals), does anyone have any ideas? Possibly
something with /dev/nit (SunOS), or bpf (NetBSD).

>I've heard that some recent versions of gcc produce larget 68k code
>than some previous versions, but sorry, I don't have specifics.
>I'm using gcc-2.3.3 and ddb tells me:

  I using gcc 2.5.7, and was able to boot a kernel (it didn't work
mind you, but it did boot and appear to do everything it could)

--
   :!mcr!:            |  "Elegant and extremely rapid for calculation are the
   Michael Richardson | techniques of Young tableaux. They also have the merit