Subject: werks for me too
To: None <port-sun3@SUN-LAMP.CS.BERKELEY.EDU>
From: Chuck Silvers <chs+@cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/28/1994 14:44:46
After a little bit of futzing around, I got -current as of saturday night
working on my sun3/60.  Weird things were:

1)  had to add the extra argument in promioctl.

2)  I'm using gas 2.2 from the FSF instead of whatever version of gas we're
supposed to be using, and the pc-relative stuff in icode in locore.s
didn't work as expected.  I ended up replacing:

	pea	pc@((argv-.)+2)
	pea	pc@((init-.)+2)

with

	movl	#argv-_icode, sp@-
	movl	#init-_icode, sp@-

and then it gave me the wonderous #-prompt.  Did "echo *" and
saw some files.  This is using sunos init and sh.
I had also applied the patch from Gordon Ross for making promcngetc
do something.

Coolness.

I'm going to play around with getting sunos dynamic linking working next,
I think.  Just needs a /dev/zero stub and then hopefully the existing
sunos-compat code will work.

-Chuck