Subject: Re: it works, mostly
To: None <port-sun3@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/24/1994 02:38:41
In article <CLo47A.97p@endicor.com> tsarna@endicor.com (Ty Sarna) writes:
> In particular, when my zscc manual arrives I'm going to look into
> writing a new zs driver. (anyone working on porting the current driver
> should keep at it, though, as it would be nice to have an interim
> driver, especially to try a few expiramental changes on).
>
> I know a number of people (especially Adam) have thoughts on the subject
> of what a good zs driver should look like.  I'd really like to hear any
> and all ideas.

The da30 port that was added to the tree recently also has a zs driver
(not related to the sparc port's, as far as I can tell) that deserves
some further investigation.  It may have some advantages over the sparc
driver, though it also has a few oddities (eg control lines on one port
are used to control the da30's SCSI chip; also no mnemonic names are
used for the registers, just their offsets).

--
Ty Sarna                 "As you know, Joel, children have always looked
tsarna@endicor.com        up to cowboys as role models. And vice versa."