Subject: console stuff
To: None <port-sun3@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Adam Glass <glass@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/20/1994 01:10:23
making very good progress...probably looking at a shell prompt now but
the prom console driver i wrote just isn't cutting it.  basically its
losing output, not taking input etc.  I've revised it considerably vs
the version thats in the tree and am now willing to throw it away for
a ported-'zs' driver.  If anyone has made any progress porting the
'zs' driver, let me know ASAP, as I'll port the sparc one sunday
sometime unless i hear otherwise.

for the confused:  sun's have two 'zs8530' chips.  each is a duart
(two serial channels).  anyway, one is used for keyboard and mouse.
the other is used for serial i/o

later,
Adam Glass

fo