Subject: Re: good news for a change.
To: None <port-sun3@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/04/1994 02:18:01
In article <199402031933.LAA06098@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu> Adam Glass <glass@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu> writes:

> I hope to restrain myself from hacking on it further tonight.  Instead
> I'll commit my changes, post instructions on how to get the port and
> get it compiled, and provide some staticly linked-sun3 binaries
> (bmake, config.new, libkern.a) to save you some trouble.

I'm lucky enough to have a m68k (amiga) NetBSD system to cross-develop
from, though not much time to work on the sun3 port right now.  I did
notice that there doesn't seem to be a ksrc-m68k sup colletion.  Along
the same lines, for those of us who are sup-impaired, have TPTB
considered creating split-up src/sys tar_files for the different
architectures?

Also, has anyone looked at the various drivers in the sparc port to
see how easily they'd integrate into the sun3 port? There looks to be a
lot of useful stuff there.

--
Ty Sarna                 "As you know, Joel, children have always looked
tsarna@endicor.com        up to cowboys as role models. And vice versa."