Subject: Re: the port
To: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: Adam Glass <glass@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/01/1994 15:45:55
> In article <199402011748.JAA00703@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu> you write:
> > the problem: we don't, and won't distribute the magnum branch in a
> > serious way.  We intend to merge this technology with the current
> > treing my ability to slowly now.  Unfortunately, the sun3 port is
> > still hung up in magnum and thus hard to distribute.
>
> I can't seem to parse that second sentence :-) Is there a timeline for
> merging magnum fully into mainline? (in relative terms, I mean... I know
> there are no dates. Before or after the next numbered release, for
> example?)
>
> --
> Ty Sarna                 "As you know, Joel, children have always looked

We don't do timelines :).  Actually, the code is becoming part of
current, in a piecemeal way + by functional group.  Some stuff will
take more time though.  In particular the i386 integration (not at
issue here) is hard, and requires some significant testing.

There is also at least one piece of magnum (cleaner profiling support)
will probably not appear, until/when some copyright problems are
resolved.

It really isn't worth waiting though as the stuff will show up beneath
us as we go.  Likely though you will see most of the technology in
magnum, either in the coming release, or soon after.  We want to end
this branch....

later,
Adam Glass