Subject: Re: What is the status of this port.
To: Bernd Wiserner <wiserner@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
From: Adam Glass <glass@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/22/1994 00:14:59
> Hi all,
> I got a sun3 into my hands and I wanted to ask how far things are on this.
> The machine is just sitting here and waiting for a replacement for
> SunOs 4.0.0 ...
> If I can help let me know. I can't do any in-kernel things because I
> know too few things about that, but if it gets to user-level things ...
>
> B.Wiserner

port boots via nfs and runs Sun's /sbin/init via our sunos
compatibility stuff.  init does a bunch of system calls, and forks.
the forked process croaks quickly.

In general the port is short on device-drivers, and someone who has
time to debug it.

Unfortunately the port is based on a branch of the NetBSD-current
tree.  However, I can give you a snapshot to play with.  Let me know
if you are interested.  Basically all the work at this time is in the
kernel, mostly in debugging a bit of m68k code.

later,
Adam Glass
author of the sun3 port, and someone who has no free time.