Subject: Re: SUN 3
To: Diane Bruce <db@diana.ocunix.on.ca>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@latour.sandelman.ocunix.on.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/03/1994 17:26:27
> From: db@diana.ocunix.on.ca (Diane Bruce)
> Subject: SUN 3
> To: mcr@sandelman.ocunix.on.ca
> Date: Mon, 3 Jan 94 10:05:51 EST
>
>   Sandy Harris has a SUN 3/75 he is willing to lend for NetBSD port
> unfortunately it needs a SCSI controller (VME) card to work like
> a 3/60. I thought I'd mention it. You never know....

  As long it has got an ethernet controller, it would be extremely
useful. The current code only does ethernet boots right now.
  I got gcc 2.5.7 compiled for 'm68k-sun-sunos4.1' (to use GCC
terminology). I've got 'm68k-sun-bsd' built, but not libgcc.a.
  I had to get the original gcc code since the NetBSD gcc has all the
cross-compilation stuff ripped out.
  What is Sandy's email address?

  We have to set up a local mailing list, or we could just take over
port-sun3.... Hmm. Cross-posting. I handed in my honours thesis this
morning. I have to defend it on Friday. I should have a *lot* more
time now. I spent the past three weeks writing.

   :!mcr!:            |  "Elegant and extremely rapid for calculation are the
   Michael Richardson | techniques of Young tableaux. They also have the merit
 mcr@ccs.carleton.ca /of being fun to play with." - p.47 Intro to Quarks&Partons
 mcr@sandelman.ocunix.on.ca / +1 613 729-5409 / +1 613 788-2600 3853 (work)