Re: Firefox52 broken on NetBSD9.3 / pkgsrc-2022Q4

I have also tried the package from
https://pkgsrc.zia.io/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/sparc64/9.0_2022Q4/All/
with the same crash result.

After that  i have bootstrapped pkgsrc-2020Q4 into a different
directory and built the complete dependency chain to build
firefox52-52.9.0nb32.tgz
This firefox52 works and tells me that the base system of NetBSD 9.3
is not the root cause.

The bulk packages are built using a standard chroot of just NetBSD 9.0. That it works when built in 9.3 but not in 9.0 may be a clue.

gcc switched from 7.4.0 to 7.5.0 after 9.0. Perhaps this is a factor?

I'm going to make a new, clean, NetBSD 9.3 chroot and start a clean build of firefox52 without any old dependencies to gather more details.

Thanks,
John Klos