Re: qemu performance emulating sparc64 (UltraSPARC II) running NetBSD

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 11:33:22PM -0700, Erik E. Fair wrote:
> Martin,
>
> Can you be a bit more specific about which devices "don't work well"?
>
> In particular, are we talking about network interfaces, or storage devices?
>
> If so, which ones?

With default HZ=100 on a fast amd64 host an Anita test run can take like 6
hours instead of ~1h-2h on semi-fast real hardware. It gets stuck waiting for
response/timeouts from emulated disks and similar, can hit you everywhere.
You really don't want to go there. With HZ=1000 it works fine.

Someone(tm) should really do the tickles work...

Martin