Re: Building a release

On Dec 13, 23:01, John Gould wrote:
}
} I have various Sun sparc machines here V100, V210, V880 and T5120. The
} T5120 is not currently supported by NetBSD. Can anyone tell me which
} machine the project uses to build sparc64?

     Releases for all platforms are build on amd64.

} I have tried cross compiling but the sparc architecture is not
} supported on any of the other machines that I have. Is it possible to
} cross compile to sparc64? If so, on which machine?

     The whole system is designed for cross building.  The first
thing that build.sh does is build various tools starting with make,
gcc that targets the desired platform, etc.  It then uses those
tools to build the release.  You can use any reasonably modern
platform to build NetBSD for any architecture (including Linux,
MacOS, and Windows with Windows Subsystem for Linux).

}-- End of excerpt from John Gould