Re: Xorg startup with serial console

Martin Husemann writes:
> I am not sure what OF has to do with any framebuffer or the X server.

Nothing really, except that IIUC there will not be a console device in
the device tree when there is no keyboard probed by the OBP.  This was
Connors original problem.

If the OS initializes the frame buffer itself under the path that it is
actually present, there shouldn't be any problem.  I guess the real
question is how to get NetBSD to initialize the frame buffer this way.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt        Consulting and Support for Solaris-based Systems
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab%bb-c.de@localhost
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"