Re: rust on sparc64

Connor McLaughlan <cont6pro3%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> Sorry, i am running 9 STABLE with a clean pkgsrc-2020Q2, building
> everything from there.

Thanks, was guessing that but good to know.

> I have now installed compat_80 as suggested and rust-1.43.1nb1 started
> to compile without the error.

Yay!

Maybe you or someone can work out a conditional dependency for the
compat80 package.

> So i guess the error should pop up on all architectures when using a
> fresh NetBSD 9 install that has not seen NetBSD 8 before l?

I'd expect so, except that each bootstrap kit is built on a different
machine and it would not shock me that one was on 9 if that's an arch
where nobody runs 8 (because it doesn't work or work well.  aarch64?).