Re: NetBSD 8.1 / Sun Ultra5 install crash during initial kernel device autosizing

> That's odd - machfb has no support for hotplugging monitors, I don't
> even know if the hardware can detect it. You may have moved the card
> while plugging in the monitor, that's the only reason I can think of
> for this to cause a crash.

It's not a card on the Ultra 5 & 10, the video hardware is built in to
the motherboard. Not likely that it's being moved when it's plugged
in.

I've never tried plugging the monitor in late in the boot process, I
just unplugged the keyboard to switch boot mode. As I recall the VGA
screen seems to blank successfully when booting from serial console,
like some degree of initialisation is happening. It completes the boot
fine as long as it's not set as the console. That's as far as I got
before packing everything up.