Re: Will an Oracle T4-1 run NetBSD (yet)?

> On 4 Jun 2018, at 21:06, Palle Lyckegaard <palle%lyckegaard.dk@localhost> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 4 Jun 2018, Fredrik Pettai wrote:
>

>> I?m a bit confused, AFAICR, "boot cdrom? at the ok-prompt should suffice?
>> but it doesn?t seem to work:
>>
>> {0} ok boot cdrom
>> .
>>
>> SPARC T4-1, No Keyboard
>> Copyright (c) 1998, 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
>> OpenBoot 4.34.3, 32256 MB memory available?
>> [?]
>>
>> results in this message:
>>
>> Boot device: /pci@400/pci@2/pci@0/pci@4/scsi@0/disk@p6  File and args:
>> The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.
>>

> try 'devalias'
>
> {0} ok devalias

Ok, will check

> and try 'probe ide'
>
> {0} ok probe-ide

Ok, will check that too

> {0} ok

I actually burned an OpenBSD 6.3 (sparc64 install63.iso) CD too. just to see if that would work,
(https://www.openbsd.org/sparc64.html claims that "Oracle SPARC T4-1" is classified as a "known or expected to work”.

But it resulted in the same:  "The file just loaded does not appear to be executable”

I tried "eject cdrom”, and that ejected the cd, so it seem to point right...
Anyway, I will see if the devalias needs to be adjusted. Maybe it’s as simple as that...

/P