Re: compiling packages

Glenn Mawby writes:
- I'm having trouble compiling anything under pkgsrc.  I've read the README
- and run ./bootstrap.sh and that went OK.   When I tried to build hplip I
- get an error

You shouldn't need to run bootstrap under NetBSD on any
processor architecture.

Which release of NetBSD are you running?

Which release of pkgsrc?

Do you have the compiler set installed? (comp.tgz, look for
/etc/mtree/set.comp to verify compiler set installation.)

FYI: I build from pkgsrc on NetBSD 6.x/sparc64 and NetBSD
7.x/sparc64 on a regular basis. (also amd64 and alpha.)

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric%cirr.com@localhost		http://www.cirr.com
	Shouldn't Windows be called Eunuchs?  After all, it has all the