No keyboard after install

Hi.

I got this Ultra 60 a while ago from a fellow NetBSD user.
After doing the cr2032 nvram fix I dug up an old 2.1G drive from a non-working U1 and installed NetBSD 8.0_BETA.
Everything worked fine until I booted my newly installed system and the keyboard didn't work!
Not even STOP-A works. If I halt the system back to the PROM the keyboard works again.
It works fine if I boot into single user mode though...
Luckily I had installed a PCI USB card so I could connect a USB keyboard and fiddle around.
I tried booting with wsons=NO and ttys=NO but not change (which were what I could think could make a change).
The keyboard is a type 5.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Please CC for reply

/B