Re: Someone using COMPAT_SVR4(_32) ?

Le 01/08/2017 à 23:48, John Nemeth a écrit :
On Aug 1, 10:21pm, Maxime Villard wrote:
} Le 01/08/2017 à 21:20, Dave McGuire a écrit :
}
} >> Again, if it "simply" needs to be fixed, why didn't you fix it?
} >
} >    Ah, finally the predictable response.  I was beginning to worry.
}
} Yeh; sorry, but I'm indeed one of the ones that spend time improving code
} quality, and yes, when someone comes in and wants to tell me what to do and
} how to do it, I'm automatically tempted to ask them why they don't do it
} themselves.

      Nobody is telling you what to do.  YOU are telling other people
what to do, with the threat of removing code if they don't do what
you tell them.

No, I'm not: I'm just asking how people use compat_svr4, with the notion that if
someone wants to maintain it from now on, there is no reason to remove it, even
if nobody uses it. If you (John, Dave and Eduardo) have no answer to the
question, and instead prefer to state, with some bizarre tone that I don't tend
to appreciate, that my approach is wrong because the code "simply" needs to be
fixed, then yes, as I said, I'm tempted to ask you whether you want to fix and
maintain it.

Maxime