Re: Adding disk on V245

Gordon Zaft writes:
- I can't get into firmware on this right now as the serial port it's on for
- console is a crappy USB that doesn't seem to pass along a BREAK :-(.
-
- Here's the dmesg.  I'm wondering if the disks I can't see were totally
- wiped of VTOC before I bought them and the ones I can see weren't.

Where the drives installed before the current boot?

If you installed them after booting the system, try
	``scsictl scan all all''

to have the bus rescanned, and any new devices picked up.

- pci11: i/o space, memory space enabled
- mpt0 at pci11 dev 1 function 0: Symbios Logic SAS1064 (rev. 0x02)
- mpt0: interrupting at ivec 1f8f
- mpt0: Phy 0: Link Status Unknown
- mpt0: Phy 0: Link Status Unknown
- mpt0: Phy 0: Link Status Unknown
- mpt0: Phy 0: Link Status Unknown
- scsibus0 at mpt0: 63 targets, 8 luns per target

Silly question, are the additional drives SAS drives?  I ask as
the above appears to be a SAS (not SATA) controller.

- Emulex product 0xfc00 (Fiber Channel serial bus, revision 0x01) at pci14
- dev 1 function 0 not configured

Hmm, that makes me wonder if the second SCSI host bus is a Fibre
Channel device, and that you might be plugging into it..

Hmm, it's been a while since I've seen or thought about a V245, so
I am likely mis-remembering something..

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric%cirr.com@localhost		http://www.cirr.com
	"Scientific understanding is our joy. Economic and political