Re: UltraSPARC III cpufreq driver, please test

matthew green a écrit :
        I have done some modifications. You will find in attachment a new
driver (patch against 7.99.1 kernel). Please test.

        It seems to works on my Blade 2000 (USIII, not III+). I don't know why
I only see debug messages during boot. How can I check if
schizo_set_cpufreq() is called after boot ?

        Second question : why do both CPU run at the same frequencies ? I have
set cf_mp to true...

        Third question : I assume that schizo0 controls cpu0. Is it always true
?

thanks for working on this.  i once wrote some very basic code but it
was maybe 20% of what you've done, and never got back to it.

i don't know much about our cpufreq layer to answer the first question,
and i haven't opened my schizo manual for a while to answer the next
two :-)

I'm not sure that answer of my third question could be found in schizo manual :-P

If I have understood, autoconfiguration enumerates physical device and tries to configure these devices. I have noted that schizo0 is connected to PCI-B (and not -A), but I have no idea to check that schizo0 controls cpu0...

i'll definitely have a look at this, but it might be a couple of weeks
until i get around to it.

thanks!

You're welcome. This evening, I will try to pick up my Blade 100 (that is currently stored in my garage) to propose an UltraSPARC-IIe driver.

        Regards,

        JKB