Re: Using %stick where available

On Nov 6, 2012, at 18:37, Michael wrote:

> Good question, I didn't do any measurements other than 'looks ok to me'.
> I think there's a bug in the code that's supposed to synchronize the CPUs'
> time bases - that could cause crap you'd call 'terrible timekeeping', like
> the clock appearing to jump back and forth semi-randomly ( whenever you hop
> to a different CPU )
> Keeping them in sync should be much easier with the time base running at only
> 12MHz though.

I have a dual core HP Microserver N40L (AMD Turion II Neo) that keeps quite
good time, even when not using the HPET device, which suggests that the amd64
port has the problem of which CPU to get time from solved.

It seems to me the easy answer is: always the first one booted (or second -
it's arbitrary, so long as it doesn't change between reboots).

I guess I need to test the patches on my v240 ...

        Erik <fair%netbsd.org@localhost>