Re: NetBSD/sparc64 and GbE performance

On Sep 27, 10:48am, Matthias Scheler wrote:
}
} what performance do people get with GbE cards in NetBSD/sparc64 systems?
} I get about 200Mb/s with the wm(4) card in my ULTRA60. If I remember
} correctly Solaris 10 achieved twice the throughput with a cas(4) card.
} But I seriously doubt that the cas(4) hardware is faster or even as
} fast as a wm(4) card.

     Why?  Have you ever read the specs of cas(4)?  It's a rather
impressive chip.  Unfortunately, NetBSD doesn't take anything like full
advantage of it.  Heck, it doesn't even work on i386.  Now that I have
additional time, hopefully I'll remedy that in the not too distant
future.

}-- End of excerpt from Matthias Scheler