Re: Testing memory in an ULTRA60

> >While I'm sure Eduardo is correct, and all that is theoretically
> >possible, I have never seen anything like it in practice, especially
> >with those old OBP revs in the U60.  The only really good way would
> >be to open up the box and look at the part numbers on the memory
> >DIMMs, though.
>
> I have seen what Eduardo describes, which is why I asked whether the
> DIMMs were identical not just whether they had the same part numbers.

Oh.  Guess I've just been lucky then.  I always thought that all
DIMMs that Sun qualified and shipped under the same part number
were interchangeable.  I certainly have used banks of matching
part numbers but visually different modules, with never any problem.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email:
vab%bb-c.de@localhost
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt