Re: USII MP (Re: USIII/280R)

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011, Julian Coleman wrote:

[snip]
With 5.* and earlier, it would always hang at some point.  With current, it
finished the build with no problems (9 hours for distribution + X, 20-25
minutes per kernel).  So, I would say that USII MP is much improved in
current.  I haven't tried with more than 4 CPU's though, but I think that
it's worth trying again.

Sounds like it time to try both -current and latest 5.x again... The box doesn't do anything a.t.m and has been turned off for a while.

PS.  Note, that we don't support the clock board, nor the FC-AL chipset on
the E3500.   There is an OpenBSD driver for the clock board (fhc), so that
could be ported.  For the socal FC-AL chipset, there are only Linux and
OpenSolaris drivers.

Yes I was running the E3500 on external disks only, however that problem has since solved itself when the E3500 chassis suddenly died, killing a PSU in the fall. I moved the system boards to an E3000 instead. The clock board part is interesting... I am not sure if the clockboard in the E3000 also came from the E3500, or if I only moved the system board. The E3000 was complete before I moved the system boards to it so I would guess it still has its own.

I'll be out of the country for two weeks, but when I get back I'll give it a shot and see how a "current -current" and latest and greatest 5.x works.

/ali:)