More on Netra X1 installation hang

  The Netra X1s hang at the same place when netbooted, and also when
booting 5.1_RC3.  I have two other X1 machines that I can try, but I'd
have to dig them out first.  Since all three machines I've tested with
so far boot up and run fine with another hard drive containing Solaris
9, I don't really suspect flaky hardware at this point.

  Ok, a few hours have gone by since I typed the paragraph above, and
I've just gotten it working.  This is crazy.

  This hang occurs whenever my optical drive is connected to the
secondary IDE interface.  Not in use, just connected.  I've tried two
different drives, an LG CED-8120B CD-ROM drive and a Lite-on LTD-163
DVD-ROM drive.  I don't have any other drives handy to try at the moment.

  I've successfully netbooted (with the optical drive disconnected!) and
done a network install of 5.0.2.  It works fine.

  Does anyone have any idea of why this might have happened?

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL