Re: Netra X1 IDE controller/disk issues

On May 11, 2010, at 17:43, Michael wrote:
I could certainly try a different cable, but this is the unused- until-now cable that's been inside the Netra for forever. I'll look around for another one to try, though.

'been in there forever' is what makes cables go bad, being used or not makes little to no difference.

And I can understand that. However, I don't typically use IDE disks, so I don't have any cables that are "known good". I have a variety of never-used IDE cables that've come with systems, but they're all old, as well.

Ahh. So, that would suggest a driver bug? Or a hardware bug? (Or both?)

That IDE chip is known to be troublesome.

So, picky hardware that may or may not even be possible to "work around" in the driver. Got it.

If there's anything I can do to help diagnose, let me know. This particular issue earlier described seems 100% repeatable. I'll look for a different/other cable or two and see if that changes anything.

  Thanks for the suggestions...

                                          - Chris