Re: port/sparc64 known working on Netra X1?

On May 7, 2010, at 16:31, Chris Ross wrote:
 I have a Netra X1 that I'm trying to get NetBSD onto.

On a new note, which may or may not be related to the ongoing discussion of the powerfail interrupt mapping/catching, after commenting out the psycho_set_intr for that particular interrupt, my machine runs, but highly unreliably.

I'm running a netbsd 5.1_RC1 system, with a kernel modified only to remove that one psycho_set_intr within psycho_attach. And, I find that things are somewhat randomly failing. Sometimes the system will trap while booting, and more often things will "be broken" when I'm up in multi-user. libedit.so.2 "not found" (despite being in the right place in /lib), vi SEGV'ing when I try to edit rc.conf (after mounting filesystems and setting TERM). There are just many oddities.

I wonder if the disk isn't failing in some "bad and unpredictable way", but I'm not seeing any errors reported by NetBSD. I'm not sure what else could be causing this...

Just in case anyone has any pointers to things I can try. At this point, it all seems pretty non-repeatable, as when I reboot the machine, the set of issues changes. But, within a single boot, they seem to be consistent, whatever they are at the time.

  Thanks again.

                                - Chris