Re: V240 and V440 servers

On Mar 20, 2010, at 05:17, Dima Veselov wrote:
 internal disks (mpt driver) don't work (see also kern/42870)

My cas(4) interface had no problem after netbooting.

As for disks - kernel report 53c1020/53c1030 Symbios Logic, but mpt(4) support
LSI 53c1020/1030. Are they the same?

Yes, they are the same. The mpt(4) driver needs to be ported/ adapted to run on multiple byte-orders, as it appears to have been coded in a little-endian specific way.

This is referenced in and open PR, kern/42870, reported when I tried to add an mpt PCI card to my Quad US-II machine, to find this same issue.

                        - Chris