Re: Severe deadlock issues with 5.0/MP

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:19:04 +0100 (CET)
Anders Lindgren <ali%df.lth.se@localhost> wrote:

> - If I type too fast or paste things into the serial console window
> (which I am accessing over ssh), lots of characters simply vanish, or
> are distorted. Anyone seen anything similar?
AFAIK: The serial interface of older, SBus era machines has no hardware
FIFO, or a very short FIFO. So it is normal that they loose characters
if they come in too fast. I saw the same effect on my SBus machines.

Regarding serial break and ddb(4): There may be a sysctl(8) to enable /
disable ddb(4) upon break.
--

tschüß,
       Jochen