Re: Severe deadlock issues with 5.0/MP

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, Doom Warrior wrote:

I have a 8-way E4500, but the MP kernel panic at start up some time
ago. I think it was november last year.
I'm wondering that your machine is booting in SMP mode at all. Did I
miss some SMP commits for Sparc64?

I haven't followed them closely tbh, but there's a lot of mp improvements in 5.0 in general, and it seemed like sparc64 too was approaching a useful state so I figured I had to give it a go.

I first tried was 4.0.1, but it won't even boot MP -- it deadlocks equally hard as soon as it's spun up the secondary CPUs and never gets further. 4.0 has been rock solid on my UP UltraSPARC(s) though.

/ali:)