PCI serial card almost works

I needed some serial ports, so checked the list of supported PCI serial cards and bought a SIIG CyberSerial 4S. It almost works. The kernel finds it on startup and the devices are configured. Kermit can tell when the port is and isn't connected to another device. However, no characters are sent or received. Here's the dmesg for this card, and even though it's sold by SIIG as a Cyber 4S, it isn't recognized as such:

puc1 at pci1 dev 4 function 0: Oxford Semiconductor OX16PCI954 UARTs (com, com,com, com)
com6 at puc1 port 0: interrupting at ivec 18
com6: ns16550a, working fifo
com7 at puc1 port 1: interrupting at ivec 18
com7: ns16550a, working fifo
com8 at puc1 port 2: interrupting at ivec 18
com8: ns16550a, working fifo
com9 at puc1 port 3: interrupting at ivec 18
com9: ns16550a, working fifo
Oxford Semiconductor product 0x9510 (miscellaneous bridge) at pci1 dev 4 function 1 not configured

My old SIIG Quartet, which is not on the supported list and was not sold under the "Cyber 4S" name, is recognized as a "Cyber 4S" and does work:

puc0 at pci1 dev 3 function 0: SIIG Cyber 4S PCI 16C550 (20x family) (com, com,com, com)
com2 at puc0 port 0: interrupting at ivec 14
com2: ns16550a, working fifo
com3 at puc0 port 1: interrupting at ivec 14
com3: ns16550a, working fifo
com4 at puc0 port 2: interrupting at ivec 14
com4: ns16550a, working fifo
com5 at puc0 port 3: interrupting at ivec 14
com5: ns16550a, working fifo

I keep thinking that it's some kind of flow-control issue, but I was using the same device and the same cable for testing. Put it on a Quartet port and it works. Put it on the other card and it didn't. Turning off flow control in Kermit didn't help. Is there anything I can do or is this card just SOL?

Thanks!

Fortunately, I only need five ports at the moment, so between the Quartet and a Belkin ubsa device, I'm covered. (Pleased to see that ubsa is working now -- last time I tried it, in the 2.x days, any attempt to use it caused a kernel panic.)

--James