Re: fastest UltraSPARC hardware NetBSD runs on?

Hello,

On Oct 28, 2008, at 2:01 AM, Jochen Kunz wrote:

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 18:20:07 -0400
Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

<martin> Commit!
To make this work proper I had to change the _MI_ interface of _all_ i2c
device drivers. (Add support for direct configuration.) I don't think
this is appropriate at the moment, as we are in "quiet period".

Umm, there's prior art for this in the kernel which does not require rototilling all i2c drivers. See sys/arch/macppc/dev/ki2c.c and ki2c_dbcool.c. It does just what you try to do - attach i2c devices using information from OpenFirmware.

have fun
Michael