Re: Status of SMP on sbus machines?

On Oct 8, 2008, at 13:10, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 01:06:21AM -0400, Chris Ross wrote:
this resolved?  If I built a recent current and tried it on a dual-
Ultrasparc SBUS machines (Ultra-2), would it potentially work?

Yes, it was solved. I'm using a dual U2 quite heavily.

  Excellent.  Thank you.

I'm trying to run my dual-UltraSPARC (UE2, with UltraSPARC-I's in it), and while it seems to generally run alright in multiuser, I'm getting the following early in the process of trying to build pkgsrc/ lang/perl5 (5.10.0) on it:

trap: textfault at 200fa0!! sending SIGILL due to trap 16: illegal instruction

This happens when running the "try" binary, which compiles okay, but fails when run. I've tried compiling what it claims to be the content, with what it claims to be the compiler line, and I don't see this. So, something's "odd". But, I'm wondering if that error message might mean anything to someone else...

Thanks. Let me know what else I can collect, and I'll try to reproduce this problem by hand.

          - Chris