Re: SMP vs. RAIDframe?

* Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> [2008-09-28 17:35]:
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 04:40:30AM +0200, Holger Weiss wrote:
> > RAIDframe components as failed using raidctl(8), the system seems to run
> > happily until I generate more or less heavy disk I/O.
>
> And when you generate heavy disk I/O it locks up?

That's what I thought, but then I noticed that in _this_ case (heavy
disk I/O while only one RAIDframe component is active), the system does
not freeze completely.  That is, it still pings and forwards IP packets,
but neither the SSHd nor the other daemons I tried send any data, and
serial console I/O is frozen.  (However, if I reconstruct the second
RAIDframe component or rewrite the parity, the system locks up
completely within a few minutes.  So, this might be a separate issue.)

I have no time right now, I'll try to gather more useful information
next weekend.

Holger