Re: mlx on sparc?

Am 27.05.2008 um 00:20 schrieb Andrew Doran:

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 09:18:38PM +0200, Jan-Hinrich Fessel wrote:
I just installed an old mylex controller into my E250.  OBP declares
it as raid, and netbsd finds it as
mlx0 at pci0 dev 5 function 0: Mylex RAID (v2 interface)
mlx0: interrupting at ivec 1c
mlx0: initializing (may take some time)...
mlx0: physical drive 0:0 not responding
mlx0: physical drive 0:4 not responding
mlx0: physical drive 1:1 not responding
mlx0: physical drive 1:3 not responding
mlx0: physical drive 1:5 not responding
mlx0: logical drive installation aborted
mlx0: initialization complete
mlx0: DAC960P/PD, 3 channels, firmware 2.70-0-00, 4MB RAM

but...
there is no inode for it in /dev, so I can't control it using mlxctl:
# mlxctl status
mlxctl: /dev/mlx0: No such file or directory
there is nothing in MAKEDEV* and also no entry in majors.sparc64, so
this is no wonder at all.

Is this missing on purpose or is it just that these controllers are
not supported or supposed to be used with netbsd sparc64?
Anyway, I just found that drive reconfig is not supported by mlxctl
anyhow, so the controller will be of limited use...

I expected them to turn up in PCs and alphas but not sparc boxes! It should be as simple as adding it to majors.sparc64 and then the MAKEDEV template under etc/etc.sparc64. I don't know if mlxctl has been run on a big- endian
system before.

I'll give it a try today or tomorrow.

Does anyone have docs on the drive config commands for the controller? In case it is working, I might invest some time to make it useable...

An, what RAID controllers do actually work on sparc?

Cheers
        Oskar