mpt on sparc64

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to address this but here it goes...

The mpt driver doesn't compile for sparc64 (and probably other architectures
as well).

The error is on line 65 of scsiconf.h: "struct device is an incomplete type"
That just sounds to me like gcc is only seeing prototypes for the device
struct but no actual implementations. I found the implementation
in /usr/include/sys/device.h and included this file in scsiconf.h. The
compile completed successfully. Unfortunately I do not have a scsi
card that the mpt driver supports yet (I ordered one and it hasn't arrived
yet). I can't imagine this is the correct fix to this problem...

The kernel boots and runs fine however.

Can someone with a card that's supported under the mpt driver and a 64 bit
sparc (or possibly even 32 bit) see if my approach works?

I'd like to see if I can help with fixing this properly, but I guess first I
need to know if my fix works or results in a kernel panic
(or something?).

I quickly glossed over the mpt source and I don't see anything architecturally
specific. Maybe after doing confing KERNELCONFIG and make depend,
it's simply not pulling in all the necessary stuff?

I've seen the GENERIC kernel config for at least alpha includes the mpt
driver so it seems ready to run on different architectures.

Thanks!

-Cameron