Blade 100 as a web server (server locked up)

Hi,

I just netbooted my Blade 100 with NetBSD4 last night. It seemed to boot
right up. One of the issues that I never have been really sure how to deal
with is /dev. From the server that it is booted from I cp dev dev2, I
booted it then ran ./MAKEDEV all in /dev. I could from the system that it
was booted from move dev to backup-dev and dev2 to dev.  Rebooted it and
everything seemed fine (it was no longer using mfs for /dev). I read
through the archive a little, it seems that some of the last posts were
about the ftp client causing a crash. So, I tried downloading some files
with it, and everything seemed fine. I have a relatively recent pkgsrc on
the host system, so I moved that into /usr of the root along with NetBSD 4
source. Thinking it seemed fine and I would give it a workout, I compiled
tcsh and pico.  Still everything seemed fine. I then started compiling
lighttpd (I was hoping to test to see if it is a port specific issue that
I have had problems with, or if lighttpd just doesn't like older versions
of NetBSD). It made it part of the way through compiling pcre and then
locked.  It didn't even kernel panic (I was not drop into the debugger),
infact I didn't shut it off yet and it still has the last line of what it
was compiling on the screen.

I guess the logical thing would be to try current. Although, like I said I
think that it was the last post that was about a crash. There is also a
post (SMP rocks), and it sounds like current was really good at that time.
So, if I could find out the date, then I could use anoncvs to download the
source from that day (or maybe someone would be willing to tar up their
source and I can download it from them). I guess that the other thing
would be whether it would keep from crashing long enough to build a
kernel.

The other thing that seems buggy about the sun blade 100 is that it
doesn't seem to detect the keyboard all the time. Right now I have an IBM
keyboard plugged into it, so maybe that is the problem.

Thanks,
Al