Re: SMP rocks...

On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 11:39 +1100, Chris wrote:
> Hi, this is just a short note of appreciation to everyone who put the work
> into the SMP support for SPARC64.  My E220R is now running SMP on 4.99.56,
> and it's running perfectly during a complete build of the OS.  I will
> continue to load the system up and test it.

  This is great to hear.  I look forward to getting my e420R running
with all 4 processors.  Sadly, that's a production machine, so it will
have to wait a while.  I don't think running -current on it would be a
good idea for me.  Any idea when netbsd-5 is going to branch?  Or, any
other way to stabilize a system capable of sparc64 SMP?

  Also, how goes the sbus sparc64 SMP work?  I have a dual-proc U2 that
has some problems, and I know others have seen the same.  Any progress
coming on that front?

                               - Chris