re: Sun Blade 100 vs Ultra 60

   Kurt J. Lidl wrote:
   > The T1 has an onboard IDE controller, which uses the CMD 646 controller.
   > Typically used for the CDROM in these machines. But it can be re-tasked
   > for hard drives as well.

   Heh, having used the CMD646 in the Ultra5 for disk access, I have one
   word: "ewwwww".  Maybe the chip used in the T1/105 is a newer rev, but
   the U5 got abysmal disk performance (due to UDMA being disabled to work
   around a chip bug, AFAIR) when using the on-board CMD646.

that's why mine only ever have boot or backup disks there :-)
preferably flash drives...

.mrg.