Re: genfb not working on E250 with Raptor GFX card

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 06:40:27PM -0500, Michael wrote:
> > I added the following statement:
> > printf("Getting prop at node: %i ofname = %s, size = %lu, returned
> > size = %i\n",
> >            node, ofname, sizeof(prop), OF_getprop(node, ofname, &prop,
> > sizeof(prop)));
> >
> > It prints:
> > Getting prop at node: -267800264 ofname = height, size = 4,
> > returned size = 4
> > Getting prop at node: -267800264 ofname = linebytes, size = 4,
> > returned size = 4
> > Getting prop at node: -267800264 ofname = depth, size = 4, returned
> > size = -1
> >
> > I then added some printfs to openfirm.c:OF_getprop, but now it
> > keeps giving
> > me 'Memory Address not Aligned' so I guess something got broken while
> > linking.  I'm going to recompile from scratch tomorrow, to see if
> > that makes
> > it work again.
>
> So it fails to read the depth property but doesn't have any problem
> with the others. Very odd. There goes the maybe-we're-on-the-wrong-
> node theory. You don't use any funny compiler options, do you?

Not that I know of.  I can check again tonight.  Maybe important:
I'm crosscompiling from NetBSD/macppc 4.0.  Another important point is
that the kernel I got from the daily build dir on FTP has the same
effect, so I doubt that it's anything weird I'm doing with the build.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx