Modular xorg on NetBSD/sparc64

                Hello,

[sorry if this arrives twice; I am trying again with compressed attachments]

I've just managed to compile and run modular-xorg-server 1.3.0.0nb3 from
pkgsrc-2007Q3 on my Ultra 60. It is not perfect yet (see the end of this
mail). I did not have too many things to change:

$ cd /usr/pkgsrc/x11/modular-xorg-server && make configure
- hw/xfree86/os-support/bus/Makefile:
  * uncommented "am__objects_10 = Sbus.lo" line 84
- hw/xfree86/os-support/bus/Sbus.c:
  * included changes from xsrc (the file is attached, it doesn't add too
many #ifdef)
- hw/xfree86/os-support/bus/xf86Sbus.h:
  * added these two lines under "#elif defined(__NetBSD__)":
    #  include <dev/sun/fbio.h>
    #  include <dev/ofw/openfirmio.h>
    (this file is attached too)
- hw/xfree86/common/Makefile:
  * uncommented "am__objects_2 = xf86sbusBus.lo" line 78
$ make package

I then installed the stock xf86-video-sunffb-1.1.0.tar.gz from
ftp.freedesktop.org. I did not check if the one from xsrc has patches to
backport yet.

I can provide an actual pkgsrc patch for xf86Sbus.h and Sbus.c, but I
did not find how to include the sbus bits for compilation properly.

The issue now is that Xorg constantly consumes 100% CPU. Widgets in
WindowMaker and Gtk+ draw very slowly, I can see every blit appear
sequentially with steps of 0.5s. The pixbuf demo from gtk-demo is
running decently though.

Moreover, I could not stop X without a SIGKILL.

I would welcome any suggestion on how to solve this; I'll also send a PR
to have sunffb in pkgsrc.

HTH,
--
khorben