Subject: Re: SATA controller recommendation for sparc64
To: Havard Eidnes <he@NetBSD.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/14/2007 20:36:04
Havard Eidnes wrote:
>> Any suggestions for what SATA with external connectivity options work
>> well with sparc64 and can be shoved in a V100?
>
> I'm using a SATALink 3112 in a Sun Ultra 420R:

Ah, that's good news; I just happened to scrape one of those out of the
parts pile at work... we had some fancier more RAIDy cards around too,
but those I might not be able to swipe for more than a casual test and
I really don't need the RAID since I'll likely just RAIDFrame the disks
as I do now.  The one I picked up from the parts pile is a Adaptec AAR-
1210SA... we'll see how it works ;)

Thanks!
--rafal