Subject: Re: crash dump failing on machine with 4GB
To: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/01/2007 20:17:53
On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 09:12:26AM -0600, Greg Oster wrote:
> My thoughts are:
>
> 1) The xs_callout field of the xs structure is not being initialized
> with the required bits before it might be used.  I'd call that a bug.
>
> 2) If it's not a good idea for other drivers to be using callouts in
> polled mode, that's a different problem, but should be fixed as well.
>
> I'm not an expert on this, and will leave the proper fix up to those
> who know better :)

On second though, I commited the callout_init() fix in sddump(). The man
page says it's fine to call callout_stop on a callout as long as
it's initialized so the drivers aren't doing something forbidden.

But it's still true that they should handle the timeout in a different
way when polling is used ...

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>