Subject: Re: crash dump failing on machine with 4GB
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/29/2007 15:35:17
On Sep 29, 2007, at 15:19, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 02:53:23PM -0400, Chris Ross wrote:
>>   Any idea where the scsipi_xfer gets allocated or "hand-crafted" in
>> the cmd_c before esiop_cmd_end() is called?
>
> sys/dev/scsipi/sd.c:1560
>
> It has XS_CTL_NOSLEEP|XS_CTL_POLL set in xs_control and I think in
> this
> case the callout should not be touched.

  Okay.  Cool.  So, in the case that XS_CTL_POLL is set, it would
make sense
that there isn't (or "shouldn't be" ?) a callout, right?  I'll whack
that into my
kernel, which will be the "more correct" way to stop that problem,
and let
me get back to the original problem of figuring out why the crash-dump
doesn't work.  :-)

   Thanks.  Let me know if my above conclusion/plan sounds right and
I'll send
a patch.

                                - Chris