Subject: sk(4) on sparc64
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/23/2007 22:44:45
   Hey there.  I got a machine recently that already had a SK-9821
Gig-E interface in it.  I saw that this was in NetBSD, but apparently
it wasn't in the config file for sparc64, GENERIC or any other.  When
I booted GENERIC I saw only:

Schneider & Koch SK-9821 v2.0 (ethernet network, revision 0x16) at
pci1 dev 1
function 0 not configured

   I next took the relevant two lines out of the amd64 GENERIC kernel
config:

skc* 	at pci? dev ? function ?	# SysKonnect SK9821 Gigabit Ethernet
sk* 	at skc?				# SysKonnect SK9821 Gigabit Ethernet

   ...and put them in my sparc64 kernel config.  I also added:

makphy*	at mii? phy ?			# Marvell Semiconductor 88E1000 PHYs

   after determining that that interface had one of those.  ukphy
might also've worked, but...

   I wanted to report that this interface works just fine on my
sparc64.  At least at 100Mbit, full-duplex, which is the switch I
have it hooked to.

   Can we pull these config lines (perhaps also including mskc and
msk) into the sparc64 GENERIC config?

   Thanks....

                                                - Chris